St. Patrick's Gourmet Rice is a delicious parboiled, long grain rice that your whole family will enjoy. As one of the highest rated
family-owned and operated grain companies in the USA, we firmly believe our discerning customers appreciate
the fact that we oversee all facets of production from growing and harvesting, to milling and packaging.
Receive our newsletter for
LATEST NEWS & OFFERS
St. Patrick's World Famous Lemon Lime Rice
2 Cups white rice
4 Cups boiling water
1 Tablespoon butter
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh herb
(basil, rosemary, oregano, parsley)
1 1/2 Teaspoons grated lemon peel
1 1/2 Teaspoons lime zest
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1/2 Teaspoon lime juice
1: Cook rice for 5 minutes in a saucepan with briskly boiling water and butter, stirring once. Cover the pan, turn the heat off, but leave the pan on the burner undisturbed for 15-20 minutes.
2: After the rice has absorbed the liquid and is light and fluffy, add the selected herb (or herbs), lemon peel, lime peel, salt, and lime juice. Stir well.
3: Serve warm. Enjoy!
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup thinly sliced green onion
1 cup chopped yellow onion
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper (red)
1/2 cup chopped celery
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon dry thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon dry basil leaves
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 cup dry white wine
1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/4-3/4 teaspoon liquid hot pepper sauce
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 1/2 lbs cooked shrimp
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
4 -6 cups hot cooked rice
Prep Time: 30 mins + Total Time: 1 1/2 hrs
1. Melt butter in a 4-5 quart pan over medium heat. Stir in flour until bubbly. Stir in green onion, yellow onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, bay leaf, thyme and basil.
2. Reduce heat to low and cook, uncovered, stirring often until vegetables are soft, 20-30 minutes.
3. Add the tomato sauce, wine, clam juice, water, Worcestershire sauce, white pepper and hot pepper sauce to taste. Bring to a boil while stirring over high heat.
4. Turn down heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened and reduced to 4 1/2 to 4 3/4 cups, (about 45 minutes).
5. Stir in lemon peel, lemon juice, parsley & shrimp. Simmer until shrimp are heated through.
6. Serve over hot cooked rice. Makes 6 servings.
St. Patrick's World Famous Shrimp Etouffeé